Topic: What does federalism mean to me?
In collaboration with Higher Education Commission, Centre for Civic Education Pakistan-a HEC recognized research and training institution, arranged a National Essay Writing Competition to explore and examine the way Pakistani youth relate to federalism in Pakistan. Sixty two students from thirty five public and private universities and post-graduate colleges participated in the competition. A panel of judges comprised of senior faculty members from Quaid-i-Azam University, National University of Modern Languages and federalism experts reviewed the essays. The Higher Education Commission facilitated plagiarism test of all essays. On the basis of combined results following students have won top positions:
First: Ms. Zahra Abidi, Institute of Professional Psychology, Bahria University, Karachi
Second: Mr. Muhammad Zubair Khan, National College of Business Administration and Economic, Lahore
Third: Ms. Alia Bibi, Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi
The winners of the first, second and third positions will be awarded cash prizes of Rs. 20,000/-, Rs. 15,000/- and Rs. 10,000/- respectively along with merit certificates and medals.
Along with position holders following finalists will be awarded, “Certificate of Achievement”
1. Ms. Bela Khan, Lahore University of Management Sciences, Lahore.
2. Mr. Muhammad Umar Iqbal, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad.
3. Ms. Farah Anwar, Institute of Business Management, Karachi.
4. Mr. Muhammad Ali Raza, University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Lahore.
5. Ms. Komal Dilshad, Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi.
6. Ms. Sunnia Farrukh, Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi.